Danfoss VLT® Soft Starter MCD 600
The VLT® Soft Starter MCD 600 combines the latest in advanced controls and protections with an increased level of intelligence for superior performance in fixed-speed applications.
The MCD 600 is more flexible than ever to install, thanks to a wide variety of Ethernet and serial-based communication option cards, application-dedicated smart cards and support for eight languages.
The integrated bypass ensures both extremely high efficiency and harmonic-free operation at full speed, reducing energy consumed and required cooling capacity.
Ease of use is also greatly increased with new capabilities, such as the pump-clean function, PowerThrough operation, and calendar or run time-based scheduling. Furthermore, enhanced protection ensures more uptime.
- Quick set-up menu – Adjusts key parameters to suit the application, reducing start-up time
- Log menu – up to 348 individual events recorded and eases analysis of the application
- Pump clean functionality – Helps to dislodge debris from an impeller without any extra components
- Integrated USB port (Parameter copy, data logging, firmware updates) – Reduced start-up/upgrade time and easy access to operational data
- AAC Adaptive Acceleration Control – Automatically adapts to the chosen starting and stopping profile
- Reversing contactor control – Allows for soft starting in any direction– Does not require any external contactors
- Jog (slow-speed operation) – Application flexibility
- Auto Reset – Less downtime
- Internal bypass contactors – Save space and wiring, reduces heat dissipation when running, and eliminates costly external components
- Inside Delta (6-wire connection) – Smaller soft starter can be selected
- PowerThrough operation – Utilizes 2-phase control when one phase is damaged (shorted SCR)
- Expanded motor and controller protections (Over/Under-power, Over/Under-voltage) – Additional protection reduces downtime
- Multiple languages – Eases commissioning, reducing start-up time
- Onscreen, dynamic QR-codes – Provides information about the MCD 600, including serial number and failure information