Danfoss VLT® Advanced Active Filter 006
Danfoss Advanced Active Harmonic Filters can compensate for 3 phase harmonics the filter is manufactured with the same components as the well know VLT frequency converters. Consequently the filter ensures optimal harmonic suppression independent of the number of loads and their individual load profile.
In addition the active filter corrects the power factor and balances the phase load providing an optimal energy utilization. This improves the system efficiency and increases the grid robustness to avoid downtime. The extensive re-use of proven VLT® components and the modular construction ensures a high reliability and at the same time offers high energy efficiency, back-channel cooling and high enclosure grades without size encrease.
The VLT® Advanced Active Filter is easily controlled via the user-friendly LCP, sharing design and programming structure with the VLT® drives series. Without dismounting existing installation, the VLT® Advanced Active Filters are easily retrofitted to the existing installation, where harmonics are increased because of enlarged employment of non-linear loads such as variable speed drives.
- 100% factory tested
- Coated PCBs
- >90% components re-used from proven VLT® FC series
- Low failure rate
- Innovative cooling concept – Prolonged lifetime of electronics
- User-friendly and flexible
- Innovative programming possibilities
- Low running expenses
- Modular design
- Easy serviceability
- Wide range of options
- Low initial investment
- High degree of customisation
- High efficiency
- Sleep mode and progressive switching freq.
- Power factor correction
- Low running expenses
- THiD* at: 40% load = < 7%, 70% load = < 5.5%, 100% load = < 5%
- Efficiency* at: 40% load = > 95%, 70% load = > 98%, 100% load = > 98%
- True power factor* at: 40% load = > 0.98, 70% load = >0.98, 100% load = > 0.98
- Ambient temperature: 45° C
- Cooling: Back-channel air cooling
- *Measured at balanced grid without pre-distortion and with VLT® drive matching full load demand
- Norms and recommendations Compliance: IEEE519 Application and load dependent. IEC61000-3-2 (up to 16 A) Out of scope. IEC61000-3-12 (between 16 and 75 A) Out of scope. IEC61000-3-4 (above 75 A) Out of scope