Danfoss VLT® MCD500 Soft Starters allow for control ramping of all AC motors. Upgrading from DOL or non-Semiconductor controlled starter to a Compact Soft Starter reduces mechanical stress on the motor as well as electrical cable and networks stress, extending the lifespan of the system whilst saving energy and giving a smoother start to the motor.
The full range of Danfoss VLT® Soft Starters can be viewed here.
The Danfoss VLT® MCD500 series Soft Starter
Danfoss VLT® MCD500 series Soft Starter is a total motor starting solution. Current Transformers measure motor current and provide feedback for controlled motor ramp and profiles.
Features and Benefits
- Soft Start: Current Limit, Current Ramp, Kickstart, AAC Adaptive Acceleration Control
- Soft Stop: Timed voltage ramp, AAC Adaptive Control, DC Brake
- Motor Protection: Motor Connection, Power Loss, Phase Loss, Mains Frequency, Current Imbalance, Motor Thermistor, Motor Overload
- System Protection: Phase Sequence, Excess Start Time, Undercurrent, Instantaneous Overcurrent, Bypass Relay Overload, Heatsink Temperature
- Metering: Current, Motor Temperature, Motor kW, Motor kVA, Motor pf
- Control option: Local control panel plus remote inputs / outputs. Dedicated output for MCD LCP 501 Remote Display
- Network Communication: Options for DeviceNet, Modbus, Profibus and USB
7.5 to 110 kW Internally Bypassed
132 to 800 kW dedicated terminals for External Bypass Connection
More information regarding the Danfoss VLT® MCD500 Soft Starter can be found on the Danfoss Website here.
All manuals and technical information for the Danfoss VLT® MCD500 Soft Starters can be found here