Danfoss VLT® Advanced Harmonic Filter 005/010
The passive VLT® Advanced Harmonic Filter is specifically designed to match the Danfoss frequency converters with a facility to switch in /out the capacitance during stop periods. Optimised harmonic performance for VLT® frequency converters. Compared to traditional harmonic trap filters, the VLT® Advanced Harmonic Filter offers a smaller foot print and higher harmonic reduction.
The filter is available in two variants, AHF 005 and AHF 010. When connected at the input to a Danfoss VLT® frequency converter, the harmonic current distortion generated back to the mains is reduced to 5% or 10% Total Harmonic Current Distortion (THiD) at full load. With efficiency exceeding 98 % the passive filters AHF 005 and AHF 010 off er cost-effective and very robust harmonic solutions specifically for power ranges up to 250 kW.
As stand-alone options the advanced harmonic filters feature a compact housing that is easily integrated into existing panel space. This makes them well-suited for retrofit applications with limited adjustments of the frequency converter.
- 100% factory tested
- Based on proven and tested filter concept
- Low failure rate
- Energy saving Lower operation costs
- High efficiency
- Electrically matched to the individual
- VLT® frequency converters – Low running expenses
- Design Compact and aesthetic enclosure
- Innovative coil design
- Side-by-side mounting
- Optimised for mounting in panels
- Smaller footprint
- Less wall space needed
- Easy commissioning
- Enclosure size and colour matches
- AHF 010 THiD* at: 40% load = 12%, 70% load = 11%, 100% load = < 10%
- AHF 005 THiD* at: 40% load = 7%, 70% load = 6%, 100% load = < 5%
- Efficiency* at 100% load: >98.5%
- AHF 010 True power factor* at: 40% load = 81%, 70% load = 96%, 100% load = > 99%
- AHF 005 True power factor* at: 40% load = 80%, 70% load = 95%, 100% load = >98%
- Ambient temperature: 45° C without derating
- Cooling: For enclosures rated IP 20, back channel cooling is built in. For enclosures rated IP 00, implement separate cooling measures as part of the installation.
- *Measured at balanced grid without pre-distortion
- Norms and recommendations Compliance: IEEE519 AHF 005 is compliant under all conditions, AHF 010 is compliant dependent on grid and load conditions. IEC61000-3-2 (up to 16 A) AHF 005 and AHF 010. IEC61000-3-12 (between 16 and 75 A) AHF 005 and AHF 010. IEC61000-3-4 (above 75 A) AHF 005 and AHF 010